Thursday 29 September 2016

Basa Fish with Minted Peas

Basa fish is a form of catfish found in parts of Indochina, including in the Mekong river. This pair of Basa Fillets came from a fish farm in the Mekong Delta. The fillets were bought at Sainsbury's, and came coated with a batter made with wheat flour. 

Basa fillets are often boneless, which these were. The oven was preheated to 220 deg. C., and the fillets were placed into a roasting tray after the tray was brushed with sunflower oil, and placed in the middle of the oven for 18 minutes, as recommended. Minted peas were suggested as an accompaniment, but I had none of those. But I did have dried mint, and some garden peas, so I minted my own. I allowed the peas to heat slowly in water with the mint over twenty minutes, and the result was perfect.

Served piping hot with a little white pepper.  



Basa Fish with Minted Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment